Tuesday, April 22, 2008

This Time They're Mine...



Every once in a blue moon, I peruse the local listings on Craigslist to see if anyone is selling something that I may need for the apartment. Of particular interest has been a washing machine. On Sunday night (must've been a blue moon) I took another look. There was a 2 month old washer for sale by some folks that were moving into a furnished apartment. They wanted $225 for it or best offer. I dropped them an e-mail, and offered them $200 even. To make a long story short, there was another offer on it that was good until noon yesterday. That apparently fell through, because I got a call from Angie saying the washer was mine if I wanted it. After work I stopped by the bank, grabbed the cash, and ran home. A few minutes late they pulled up with my "new" washer.

Tonight, the Schallenbergers gave me a dryer and we dropped it off here at the apartment. After they left, I hooked everything up, did a leak check on the hoses, and threw in my first load. As I type this the dryer has just finished up on drying that load and I think I'll call it a night. Tomorrow is another day and may even hold a dark clothes load, who knows.


3 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

So, it's the first of an average of 7 washers you will use and dispose of in your lifetime! (according to an Earth Day show we watched this evening)

Happy washing!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good! How does it feel to have your "first" load done?? hahaha my room is almost clean, but my laundry is almost done! lol
~sis~

3:46 PM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

eesverrynice!

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home