Thursday, June 14, 2007

Blog Post #250



Well, I did something today that I haven't done in over a decade...I got myself a new pair of glasses! The last pair I had which you all know me by, were purchased by my folks for me back in 1996. As the paint was starting to come off my old ones and they looked like something out of the 1970's, I decided it was time to make use of my vision insurance and get some new ones. The kind folks at Baldwin Optical were able to get me in, get my exam, and help me pick out the frames. The gal that was helping me recommended this pair, and after looking at several others, I decided that I liked them as well. But, to be on the safe side, I called a gal from work who had offered to drop by and help me decide. Ryan and Spring showed up a few minutes later and after looking at the other available frames also concurred that these were the ones. So, to make a short story shorter, they arrived yesterday and I dropped by today to pick them up. The guy that helped fit the glasses for me, after seeing my old ones and then my new ones, enthusiastically welcomed me to the 21st century! Well, that's the news...whadya'll think?



Oh yeah, the good news? The co-pay was under $40!
(By the way, taking a decent picture of one's self is harder than it looks...these were the better ones!)

10 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah! Looking good dude. Eleven years qualifies you for a new pair.

10:32 PM  
Blogger David, Jenn, and Abby said...

Nice. We approve. Eleven years is a long time!

11:10 PM  
Blogger sixwickerts said...

Much better!! They look very nice :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I agree, they're a good choice. I also agree that it's hard to take a good picture oneself!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Oh, I wasn't meaning that to say that your pictures aren't good!! I realized it might sound like that. :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

Thanks all for the comments, glad you like 'em. You'll all probably be stuck with 'em for another decade!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL CHOICE DEREK! I like them alot! :) It must have been fun to find a pair you really like!

Hope you're doin' well!
Christy

12:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Derek is that you? Very nice new glasses. :)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Cooke family said...

YAY! very nice. I bet Trista is happy! :) I still vote for contacts though! Maybe next decade?

5:38 PM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

Contacts would be a definite maybe

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home