Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hello Moto!


I consider choosing a cell phone to be something like marriage. It must, by sheer necessity, be a loose analogy, for something as simple as a cell phone being compared to something as complex as the lives of two people becoming one, can hardly be expected. I will endeavor to explain the logic of this analogy however, at least inasmuch as it pertains to me.

Being rather old-fashioned, I do prefer to find the right product and to keep that product until old age or accident do us part. Such was the case with my old cell phone, for while that ole' A460 still runs, it is functionally dead (in electronic nomenclature). Since "death" did us part, I am on the hunt for a new "partner."

This hunt lead me to the Sprint web site, where I dutifully compared the pros and cons of their current phone offerings. One of my main requirements was to find a partner with great communication skills, with me and with my friends and relatives. Poor communication results in misunderstandings and a plethora of bad feelings and ill will towards those involved. So, needless to say, this partner had to communicate well.

Second on my agenda was to find someone that I could relate to and understand (easy navigation system), interact with on the same "level" (plethora of options and customization), and in general feel at home with (well designed operating system).

I was, thirdly, looking for a partner that would compliment my needs and support my interests. While communication was the main attraction, and the need for one I could relate to was important, a good appreciation and talent for music (ie MP3) would have been a nice touch. A good eye for photos and videos (jpg's and mpeg's) was also definitely attractive.

Finally, though I dislike to dwell much on this aspect at the risk of appearing shallow (ie Gwyneth Paltrow and Jack Black in Shallow Hal), I do believe that there should be something of a physical attraction to a life-long partner. I appreciate a thin and svelte profile, well-built...without being heavy, and a certain something to my partner's air and stance.

Well, after going through all the appropriate steps and stages, I am now dating someone, a cute, attractive little gal named the Moto Q. She's all go from her IR port to her battery pack. She communicates like a dream, even with family, she is intelligent, fun and "sporty." She appreciates music, likes photos and enjoys movies. Miss Q is internet savvy and enjoys the same kinds of things that I do. Though I take the risk of exposing my shallow side, she is very attractive and well built. She has a slim figure, and a beautiful "face." She looks stunning in grey.
So, to sum it all up...I suppose I can safely say that Miss Q is definitely Miss Right, and that we are looking forward to many happy days ahead. Any wedding presents you want to send, mini-SD cards, a leather case, or Windows Mobile 5.0 software is always greatly appreciated. Thank you all for coming and we'll see you after the honeymoon...
(YES, I have WAY too much time on my hands!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks complicated, Derek! Glad it seems to "fit" you well, though, and that it does seem to have good clear voice communication quality. Quite a write up you did there!

Mom

12:30 PM  
Blogger sixwickerts said...

Glad you found your soul mate Derek, I hope you are very happy together :)

8:52 PM  
Blogger the Miller's said...

Well, I think your comparison is very funny but I must point out some differences in wives and cell phones.
There will never be a button that silences us.
We don't want to be compared to last years or the "old" model.
Newer doesn't always mean better or wiser/smarter.
Never let your friend borrow your wife.
We will never be easy to understand (better stick to a rotary phone if you have to)
We want more then $50 a month and a two year contract to make us happy.
And last but not least there is no button to turn us on!

10:40 PM  
Blogger David, Jenn, and Abby said...

mmmm... I must have this technology. (bravo Angie, well said)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

Angie...you're crackin' me up! ;)

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home