Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Koffee Kwotes

Coffee is definitely one thing that I really enjoy. It is fun to drink, fun to discuss things over, fun to discuss in its own right. Since coffee drinking is so common, it is easy to talk about it with just about anyone. Here are some quotes that have been made about coffee...which one is your favorite?

- Coffee leads men to trifle away their time, scald their chops, and spend their money, all for a little base, black, thick, nasty, bitter, stinking nauseous puddle water. ~The Women's Petition Against Coffee, 1674

- The morning cup of coffee has an exhilaration about it which the cheering influence of the afternoon or evening cup of tea cannot be expected to reproduce. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., "Over the Teacups," 1891

- As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold

- Coffee is a beverage that puts one to sleep when not drank. ~Alphonse Allais

- I never drink coffee at lunch. I find it keeps me awake for the afternoon. ~Ronald Reagan

- In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running. ~Jeff Bezos

- A morning without coffee is like something without ... something else

- Coffee : break fluid

- Coffee in England always tastes like a chemistry experiment. ~Agatha Christie

- I drink coffee for your protection

- Give me coffee and no one gets hurt

- Moderately drunk, coffee removes vapours from the brain, occasioned by fumes of wine, or other strong liquors; eases pains in the head, prevents sour belchings, and provokes appetite. -- England's Happiness Improved (1699)

- Ah! How sweet coffee tastes! Lovelier than a thousand kisses, sweeter far than muscatel wine! I must have coffee... ~J. S. Bach

- Caffeine Allocation Error: COFFEE.SYS missing, Programmer halted.

- Everybody should believe in something. I believe I'll have another coffee.

- A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy & Olivia said...

My favorite is the one about getting cold after your boss asks you to do something! It's so true!

3:27 PM  
Blogger 5Mutarts said...

Some of my greatest conversations have happend with coffee. Jeremy and I have many memories of having coffee togethor and that is our usual date togethor! My fav is the last one.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home