Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Since Friday...

On Friday evening there was a ladies' meeting, so several of us guys headed over to Gary and Gina Stonehouse's place for a burger burn.


Here Gary prepares to fire up the grill...(just look at that grin...er...grimace?)


Zee chef at work (no burgers yet...)


Russ, Pastor, Brandon and Ray in the kitchen.


Ray gives a cheesy grin while Brandon watches


Saturday found me once again at the Wellsville soccer field, watching another one of Joey's games.

Here V picks up two additional soccer fans...Luke and Levi...the Stonehouse Bros.


Joey keeps an eye on the ball as he moves down the field


Aww...


Joey gettin' er done with the soccer ball


Portrait in motion


Well, watching the game wasn't the only thing I had done Saturday morning. Soon after arriving at the field, I went to throw the frisbee and it landed on the roof of one of the covered pavillions at the soccer field. Well, I am rather fond of that frisbee, so after engaging some help to pile a couple of things together to climb on, I got up on the roof of the pavillion.

Getting the frisbee was no problem, but getting down was another story. Since the edge of the roof was only 7ft or so in the air, I decided to jump. Well, the following pictures show the aftermath. When I hit the ground, my left knee popped. It felt just like the first time it happened in a soccer game back in Ketchikan. Here's the result...


After the game I had to go to work, so I spent all day hobbling around on it. To make things even more interesting, I had a piece of exercise equipment delivered to my apartment, so I had to take my lunch break and help them get it in my place.



This is what I picked up. It's called a Weider Platinum and uses a composite bow for resistance (well, that and some pulleys) so I'll be able to do upper body workouts safely. The particular unit I got is a couple of years old, but was available for a fraction of the cost.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Ouch! Well, you're 30 now, time to stop jumping off buildings!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! We told him that he was getting old! Did't we, Derek?
Kate

11:11 PM  
Blogger Eric & Sarah said...

Ouch Franz!!!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home