Friday, March 21, 2008

The Message After Next...

Well, I had said that I would try to summarize a little of what I had learned from my two days with Leonard Ravenhill.

The main point he seemed to bring out time and again, whether in an interview or while teaching, is that a Christian must KNOW GOD...not simply know ABOUT Him!!! The Sunday School response we often give when asked why we go to church is: to learn about God. No, that is not it. Knowing about God does not change a person's life...knowing God personally does.

I fear that we have such little appetites for God, for His presence, for His word, for time in prayer with Him. Perhaps this is because our appetites are spoiled as the child who eats cookies before dinner. Why are we so quickly satiated or satisfied? Why does it take so little to "get us by"?

Do we want "to want" to know Him? Paul's ambition was stated as this in Philippians 3:10 "That I might know Him..." Not only this, but consider what Jesus clearly defines as eternal life..."And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

Where do our passions lie? For what or whom are we zealous and does our zeal burn? Are we intense Christians? Why can we sit in front of the TV for three hours without a problem, yet dread the thought of three hours in prayer?

This is my summation of Brother Leonard's general drift throughout his speaking. It has definitely challenged me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home