Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Narrative

I was sitting here at the computer, trying to think of anything that has been going on lately that might be of interest to you all. I guess there are some things going on that are "blogworthy" but on the whole life continues on as normal.

One of the things that may end up being a major change for me is my job at Staples. I have been with the company for over three years, and have definitely enjoyed my time. Retail was(is) a whole new world for me, and I find that working with people can be challenging, yet very rewarding.

Though I haven't written this down, I had set this spring as a make-or-break time with Staples. I've been eligible for promotion into the Manager in Training program for some time, and as of yet, nothing has happened. (Well, I was trained to open the store by myself...but that was it). I've begun praying about the future, whether or not it is time to move on to something else, and, if so, what that would be.

A matter that has been on my mind recently is my GI Bill which I still have from my time on active duty. I have ten years from the time that I left active duty in which to make use of it...four years are already done with, which leaves only six left (hey, I still can do some math!). I do not want to waste it, as it is a great tool to use towards further education. Not only do I have the GI Bill, but I also have a small monthly kicker bonus that I would be eligible for due to the fact I am in the career field that I am in. So, the potential of some college is looming large in my future.

That being said, however, I do not have any direction as to what types of classes to take. If left to my own devices, I probably would CLEP out of as many classes as possible, and focus my studies on those necessary classes which I could not CLEP out of. But, I am still left with no real idea as to what I would study or major in if I went to school.

It would seem that perhaps this will be a year of change, though of what or to what I cannot say at this time. I am very confident that the Lord will reveal His plan as I continue to press on, but I do believe change is in the air.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. E. said...

You'd probably make a good teacher.
Whatever

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home