Friday, February 08, 2008

A Seasonal Favorite


A carton of eggnog I got during the first couple weeks of January


One of the things I really enjoy at Christmas time is the appearance of eggnog on the shelves of the local grocery stores. This seasonal favorite is great "straight up" or with a slight dilution of milk. This past Christmas I was introduced to another addition to this great beverage...a few sprinkles of nutmeg on top! It was so good I now have a small container of nutmeg in my cupboard. That, by the way, is an historical thing, because the only other "spice-type" items in my cupboard are salt and pepper. So...here's to eggnog and may we meet again during Christmas '08!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cordell J. Larkin said...

You've got to try it mixed with Sprite. Just be careful from the reaction as it may overflow from the glass when you mix the two. But it is delicious!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

I'll have to give it a try...!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Cooke family said...

Yup, it's yummy! But I'm the only one in our family that likes it. (Caren)

6:05 PM  
Blogger Veta said...

I can't believe you have been so deprived all these years without the nutmeg. Nutmeg is a staple in eggnog. Have you ever tried an eggnog latte? Not as good as regular eggnog but not bad. You need to update your spice cupboard. You are missing out on some fabulous things.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home