Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Looking Ahead

There are some things that I am looking forward to in this coming spring and summer...

I am going to be a "soccer mom"! LOL, well, let me explain. Several of the Schallenberger kids have signed up for soccer this year, and I was asked if I would like to help out in getting them to their practices and games. I am actually looking forward to helping out and watching the kids play. Maybe I'll have to practice with them and kick the ball around a little bit.

Road trip - this is still up in the air. I had been planning on taking an extended road trip this summer or fall, but I am not sure if that will pan out this year or not. Of course I'd love to get back behind the wheel of my car and hit the freeways of America again, but with the different things going on I may be resigned to a more local vacation. We'll see how the Lord directs and provides in this matter.

Air Show - the bi-annual airshow at Hill AFB should be happening this June. I am planning on going down and spending some quality airplane-looking time. (And I'll probably drag my camera along as well!)

Revival Meetings - Our spring meetings at church are scheduled for next month. Gary Gilmore and his wife will be traveling in to do the nightly meetings. I have really enjoyed the times that we have special meetings and the more intense corporate focus on God and His word. Brother Gilmore was here last year and I really enjoyed the meetings with him.

Running - Well, the snow is almost completely gone off the sidewalks, and it is time for me to get out and start running again. I actually had my annual fitness test during this last weekend down at the base, and I can definitely see how a winter of not running has affected me. I still passed just fine, but not with the numbers I'd like to see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Thanks for the "blogworthy" updates! Here's an idea, you could take a roadtrip up to Prince Rupert, and drive onto the ferry, come to ketchikan and attend our fabulous community college, get up close and personal with planes at the airport while you work for Alaska Airlines, go running on our many pristine trails and logging roads, and attend and possibly lead a few services at wonderful Clover Pass Church!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home