Thursday, October 04, 2007

Back On The Rock

Well, here I am back in Ketchikan...or "back on the rock" as we may correctly phrase it in the local vernacular. This has been the first trip up here in a while that I had no plans or priorities aside from spending some time with the folks. My dad took the last three days (Mon-Wed) off from work, and we have been having a ball, driving around town, looking at some of the sites I haven't seen for a while, and...TAKING PICTURES! It's been a fun challenge to try to capture in a photo or two (...or ten!) the scenery that I grew up in and around. My folks' camera is very similar to mine, so we experimented around with different shots on all of our "adventures."

I'll be here for another few days. The plan is to leave out of here on Monday afternoon (Oct 8) and head down to Seattle. I'll spend a few days there with John and Trista, and then back to Idaho Falls, ID where I left my car, and a 2 hr 45 min drive back to Logan.

Here are four pics I took this last Monday...

Back by Brown Mountain

Of Herring Cove and Vicinity

Popooshka & Momooshka (inside joke ;)

A Beautiful Sunset

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Great pics, I like the shades of light in the top one. Good to see your folks, too (Hi, Ken and Bonnie!). Sounds like you're having a fun trip.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice shots, Derek! You should come up more often. We sure enjoyed your visits with us, and your singing, guitar playing, and speaking at church. Do you know what? I always wondered why the name Logan sounded so familiar when Caren & Matthew chose it 18 months ago. I just now realized it's because that's where you live!!!

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home