Tuesday, October 16, 2007

...And Back In Utah

Wow! What an awesome and crazy last couple of weeks. I'll be posting photos of my trip to Alaska and possibly a few from my time in Seattle later on this week, as I start to get my head back together.

My return trip turned out to be much more of an adventure than I had planned. I got to the airport in Seattle early and was listed for an earlier flight than I originally intended. That was going to work out well, but then I got bumped (I was flying standby). So, I had dinner and waited around for the flight I was originally listed for...and got bumped again! Finally, I was able to make it to Boise, ID, arriving at around 11pm. The flight out for Idaho Falls, ID (where I had left my car) was not until 9am, so I settled in for a long night.

I only got about an hour of doze time the entire night, so was fairly tired throughout the morning hours before the flight, but it was good (and the complimentary Starbuck's coffee from Horizon Air was definitely nothing to shake a stick at!).

I got into Idaho Falls around 10:35am, and picked up my bags (which had arrived the night before on my original flight). Then it was drive, drive, drive back down to Logan, where I quickly showered, shaved, and put on my Staples uniform. I worked from 2:00-9:30pm. I then went home, got on the computer for a little while, threw my Air Force uniform into a bag and drove down to the base for my weekend duty.

This time was a little different, for I had to be in the parking lot at 3:30am Saturday morning! All this with no sleep since Thursday! The reserve weekend went well, though it was different because we were in an exercise and pulled 13-hour shifts. So, by the time I got to bed on Saturday evening, I had been up for more than 55 hours with no more than a few minutes doze time!

Not bad for an old guy like me, eh?! Anyway, more pics of the trip and such to follow in succeeding posts.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I am exhausted just reading that! An old guy like me would be non-functioning!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home