Thursday, April 26, 2007

Favorite Restaurants - The Big Texan Steak Ranch



Not all of the restaurants I like are part of some large chain or franchise. This one is a stunning exception. The Big Texan Steak Ranch is located in Amarillo, TX on old Route 66. I had the pleasure of being introduced to this historic landmark in January 2003. Having heard about its main feature, a 72-oz steak dinner, I had to give it a shot. Well, as many of you know, I went, I ate, I left very full!

Part of the ambiance of the Texan is its architecture and decoration. You don't just go to eat, you go to see a throwback to the days of yore. You don't just get a steak, you get a dining experience. There isn't just one meal or entree that really stands out, for this is unashamedly a steak joint.

Here are some pictures from outside and inside. This is a place you won't want to miss. Just pull off of I-40 at Amarillo and...come hungry!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home