Thursday, July 05, 2007

What Happened on the 4th

As I had the day off, I was delighted to accept an invitation to head over to Dave and Kathy Trott's place for a get-together/picnic lunch. They had invited several folks over, and we had a blast.
There was a men's group from West Coast Baptist College in Lancaster, California that stopped by for lunch, driving up from Draper, UT. They've been on the road since the first part of May, singing at different churches.
After a great lunch, we all sat around, talked, played volleyball, jumped on the trampoline, etc. As it was quite warm and my blood is still "Alaska thick" I opted for indoor activities in the wonderful atmosphere of an air conditioned house!
We had our Wednesday night meeting at church, featuring the group from West Coast. We had a great time listening to their singing and preaching. I shot a couple of video clips, more on that later...
After the service, their piano player played a few songs and I played along on the guitar. We had a lot of fun! Their group leader actually gave me one of their CD's for playing along! (Well, the case was actually broken, so it wasn't one they could sell...nonetheless, I got a free CD...in fact, I'm listening to it right now!)
Here are some pictures from today:

Flying the Colors!

Matt Making Ice Cream

The Trott's Patio

Looking at the Wellsville Mountains

The West Coast Van

Lining Up for the Food

Dave Slaving at the Grill

An Impromptu Balcony Number

2 Comments:

Blogger The Cahill's said...

Derek!!! Do you remember us?!?! Looks like you had a great time at the Trott's. We sure miss the Holiday's at their house. May the Lord continue to bless you each day. In Christ! The Cahill's

2:39 PM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

Hey Dan and Naomi (and little one!) How are you guys doing? Are you up in blog land yet? Anyway, good to hear from you. Drop me your e-mail address sometime.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home