Monday, July 02, 2007

There and Back Again...

Wow...what an eventful...or maybe just "full" last few days! First of all, the camping trip to Beaver, UT went well. I met up with Derek Bunker last Thursday, and that evening he and his wife Betty "Boo" and I drove down from Clearfield (near Ogden and Layton) down to Beaver. We had a good time down there, rode 4-wheelers, sat around the fire, etc. I even tipped one of the 4-wheelers on its side after a sliding turn to the left onto another road...lottsa fun! Anyway, I came back mid-day Saturday, because we were having an Independence Day program at church, which I was a part of, and because I was also doing the Sunday School lesson.

Sunday school, the program, and the services went well on Sunday. Pastor spoke on the liberty we have in Christ: 1) That we are free from bondage to sin, 2) That we are free from the law, and 3) That our freedom/liberty is in no way a license to sin. All in all, quite a day.

The program itself was good. Several folks from the church volunteered for specials and for a couple "choral" pieces. I was asked to put together a DVD slideshow with images of our nation, our soldiers, our past conflicts...all to remind of the price that has been paid and is being paid today for our freedom. I also was asked to do a little "humorous" number on the guitar, so I did a simple little medley of "When Johnny Comes Marching Home", "Yankee Doodle", "Dueling Banjos (or whatever that is called)", and "Clementine." It came off ok and brought a few chuckles as well as applause, so I guess it served its purpose ;)

Here are a few pictures I took prior to, during and after the camping trip:


Bugs of a Feather: The Bunker's New Beetle and my older New Beetle

Camping is very inTENTS!
Getting the 4-wheelers ready to go

The Summit: 10K feet!

The Road Out of the Mountains

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home