Saturday, March 03, 2007

Presidents' Day Weekend - Part 4

After dinner at a restaurant called Fogarty's, Eric and I went down to the airport to take a look at some of the local aircraft. I wanted to get a picture of a Russian-built Antonov An-24RV that was owned by Cubana and hijacked in 2003. Since then, it has been sitting at the Key West airport.

Well, as we were looking at the airplanes, I noticed a couple of baby racoons playing nearby. They seemed quite fearless, and started coming up to me. Since racoons are not known for their temperate personalities, I backed up a little and then took some pictures. Then Eric and I heard some strange "animal" noises and saw a fully grown racoon coming at a fast clip towards us from behind the gate.

Needless to say, we high-tailed it back to the car. Eric saw another racoon "flanking" us as we ran. The rest of our racoon observing was done from the relative safety of a Chrysler Sebring rental car.


Cubana An-24RV at the Key West Airport

The "innocent" baby racoons

Meet the parents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home