Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Home From Boulder City

Well, I arrived home this morning around 4:30AM! That was after about 16 hours of driving! I know, you are probably wondering how I turned a 7.5 hour drive into 16 hours...well, glad you asked. Actually, I drove over to Flagstaff, AZ and then up to Valle, AZ where the Planes of Fame Museum is located. After about an hour there (looking at one airplane...yes it was a Grumman amphibian), I drove up to Page, AZ, then off to Kanab, UT. Anyway, to make a long story short, I was ready to hit the hay when I arrived back in Logan.

I had an amazing time down at Boulder City. I flew in three different Albatrosses, met and re-met folks who like Grummans, and took hundreds of pictures (literally). The picture I posted above was taken this last week at Boulder City. I'll be sharing more pictures here on the blog. It is good to be back, though!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooke family said...

Could anyone get a ride in an albatros? Did you have to pay?

6:10 PM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

If you are a Grumman-enthusiast, you could probably get a ride. You don't have to pay anything, but some folks will give a "gratuity" for gas.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home