Saturday, January 27, 2007

God's Blessing

It is easy in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, to sometimes overlook God's blessings. I wanted to take the time to jot this one down as a token presence of His continued watchcare over His own.

In order to stay in deployment-ready status, I have to have a dental checkup. That is all well and good, but the catch is that it is not something readily provided by the Reserves. Their assumption is that you have dental insurance and that you will go to your dentist to get a checkup taken care of. Well, if you don't have dental insurance and/or a dentist, matters become more complicated.

I am currently overdue for my dental checkup, and fall into the category of those with no dental coverage. Getting a local dentist has not been high on my priority list of things that I need to accomplish while living here in Cache Valley. However, it is required by the Reserves, and I am supposed to be traveling with them for my annual tour, coming up in February.

Yesterday I bit the bullet and started calling dentists. The first one said they could do a checkup for about $70, but would recommend the full checkup and cleaning for about $120. I dutifully copied down the information and moved on to the next number. Apparently they were not open on Fridays, so it was off to the next number again.

This time I got in touch with the receptionist. She told me that it would be about $90 after a 10% discount. That didn't sound very good, but before I had a chance to thank her and move on, she asked if I had seen the coupons in the back of the phone book or received a ValuPak in the mail. She went on to explain that in the ValuPak, there was a coupon for a free checkup including four BiteWing X-Rays.

I checked the phone book and found a $25 dollar off coupon for a cleaning and an exam. Upon calling back, the receptionist told me there would be no problem in applying that strictly to a checkup. We went ahead and set up a time for me to get in there to have my teeth looked at.

When I got back last night, I checked around for the last ValuPak I had received in the mail. After some looking, I found where I had put it, and began thumbing through the offers inside. Sure enough, in the middle of the pile was a coupon for a free exam.

God really is Jehovah Jireh, is He not?!

4 Comments:

Blogger sixwickerts said...

I love it when that happens!! HIpefully your teeth are healthy :)

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But Derek, you did not say where you finally found the ValuPak you had put away.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Cooke family said...

Good story!

11:24 AM  
Blogger Eric & Sarah said...

I love how God cares about all of the details in our lives!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home