Thursday, February 08, 2007

First Albie Flight of '07

I arrived in Boulder City at around 4:30 or 5:00 in the evening. I first stopped by the airport to say hi to whoever was there and then head for the hotel. I met up with Dennis and Tami Buehn, the folks who are behind the whole event. Dennis said that they would be going up for a quick flight over to Lake Mead in a few minutes and asked if I wanted to come along. Did I?!



Here is a shot of Dennis and Tami's Albatross N7141S. This was the first Albatross I had ever ridden in, getting my first flight this time last year.



Here is another shot of 41S, showing the sun reflecting off her bare metal airframe and the solid wing float in the foreground.



Starting the engines produced the satisfying puff of exhaust as the big round engine came to life.



Soon we were airborne, roaring (and believe me, in an Albatross it is a deafening roar) above the sagebrush-dotted landscape near the airport.



The moon was out and I was able to catch it in a couple of photos, framed by the wing float.



Moments later we were arriving at the lake.



Dave Cummings was the pilot in the left seat, and he executed some beautiful water landings and takeoffs.



Soon it was time to head back to Boulder City. Not bad for the first night out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home