Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Shenanigans - 1

Well ok, I'll admit it, I played around today. Yeah, I did accomplish a few things...but mostly I played. One of the things I did was update my desktop computer with an application called RocketDock, a free application designed to help manage your frequently used shortcuts.

Previously, I had used the Quick Launch bar across the top of the screen. I had it set to autohide and loaded it up with the majority of the applications I use. It was simple, practical and very utilitarian.
Below I have included a couple of screenshots from my desktop today. (Yes, I know I have a lot of icons on the desktop!) The first picture shows the RocketDock at the bottom of the screen. In the second picture, I have moved the mouse over the OpenOffice.org Writer icon, which is enlarged accordingly.
RocketDock
RocketDock mouseover
It functions very fast and the graphics transitions are smooth. Overall I think it is a definite improvement to my desktop and general user experience. While I didn't get the impression that this is open source software, it is free...so the price is right. If you would like your own copy, just visit: http://www.rocketdock.com
(And yes, for you Mac users, this is similar to the OS X Dock)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to see another picture of the Schallenberger Family. It is comforting to know that Jesus is always providing an open door. I hope everyone had a Blessed Easter, I know I did. The Lord blessed my house. My child Mariela, she is my second born, confessed SALVATION! Glory be to God! (Tia Mariana)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home