Monday, December 18, 2006

The Old Testament

As a youngster, I had always enjoyed the Old Testament. Its stories were presented at home in our family devotions and of course in Sunday School. As I progressed into my teens, the New Testament, with its clear doctrinal statements and theology began to supercede the Old Testament in my study. It has only been in the more recent past that I have begun to really appreciate the Old Testament as more than just some stories of what God did several thousand years ago. I have much to share on this "new" viewpoint, but I think A.W. Pink does admirably well in this following quote...

"As we read thoughtfully the books of the Old Testament our study of them is but superficial if they fail to show us that in diverse ways and by various means God was preparing the way for the coming of His Son."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home