Sunday, August 06, 2006

God's View of Cache Valley

One of my favorite parts of driving back to Logan is coming around the last corner out of Sardine Canyon and seeing the valley spread out in front of me. On Thursday night, I was driving back from Matt and Annie's wedding rehearsal, and it was dark by the time I arrived at my favorite corner. The lights in the valley twinkled through the darkness as it came into view.

The thought struck me that this is the spiritual state of the valley, or is the way that God views this valley. It is a valley steeped in the darkness of an empty, Godless religion, and God's people are the only lights that shine in that darkness. I was reminded also, however, of the promise that Jesus fulfilled when He came to earth...

"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; they who dwell in the land of the shadow of death, on them the light has shined." (Isaiah 9:2)

Though the mission seem impossible and the task daunting, we have a God who is not daunted and specializes in the impossible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home