Saturday, August 05, 2006

The 72oz Steak!

One of "those moments" happened on New Year's Day, 2003. I was at the Big Texan Steak Ranch in Amarillo, TX, on my way to Shaw AFB, in Sumter, SC. I had heard that the Big Texan had a steak-eating challenge: a 72oz steak that had to be consumed, with the fixin's, in an hour. If succesful, the eater would receive the meal for free. Well, I did it. These pictures were taken during my move to Utah in June 2004. As you can see, another "victim"...er...customer is trying out the challenge.


The steak and fixin's

Notice the timer!

3 Comments:

Blogger sixwickerts said...

MMMMM, I love steak!! No the girliest thing to eat, but yummy none the less!!

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jeremy & Olivia said...

Wow, Derek!!! Congrats, that's a big accomplishment!! How many hours later until you were hungry again?

4:06 PM  
Blogger Derek Linder said...

Well, it was MUCH later in the evening before I was hungry again, and I didn't feel like eating steak again for a few weeks!

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home